Rule 122:29-1-03 | Application and Certification.
(A) The director will provide the form of application for certification of a transformational mixed use development and preliminary approval of a tax credit, developed in consultation with the authority, on its website prior to the opening of each application period.
(1) The authority and the director will develop scoring criteria, scoring instruments, and materials for use by the director in reviewing applications under the program. The scoring criteria, instruments and materials are to be consistent with the factors set forth in section 122.09 of the Revised Code.
(2) The application will include instructions and minimum requirements to satisfy the criteria of the development plan set forth in division (B) of section 122.09 of the Revised Code and other criteria as may be requested by the director and the authority in order to evaluate the potential impact of the transformational mixed use development.
(3) The director will use the scoring criteria and procedures specified in the application to review and recommend projects for certification to the authority.
(B) An application for a project may be submitted by a single property owner or multiple property owners within the project. If an application contains multiple property owners, each property owner is to be a party to the application and the applicants will include a description of the allocation of tax credits among the multiple property owners.
(C) Applications are to be submitted to the director by the deadline published on the program website and specified in the application for each application period. No late applications will be accepted by the director for any reason other than impossibility due to state network error. No additional or supplemental materials will be accepted after the application deadline, unless requested by the director or the authority.
(D) The director will preliminarily evaluate applications for completeness and meeting minimum requirements set forth in the application instructions. Applications missing required information or that do not otherwise satisfy the criteria in the application instructions will be rejected and will not be evaluated by the director nor scored for ranking or recommendation to the authority. The director will provide the applicant notice in writing that its application is incomplete. Submission of an incomplete application does not disqualify a project from reapplying in a future fiscal year or round.
(E) Applications that meet the minimum requirements will be evaluated and scored by the director. Upon completion of evaluation and scoring, the director will rank applications and recommend projects to the authority for approval and certification. The authority may choose to conduct interviews by means of a special meeting, held in accordance with paragraph (D) of rule 122:7-1-02 of the Administrative Code. Projects not approved and certified for a tax credit by the authority in any application period may reapply in future application periods.
(F) The authority will approve and certify recommended applications in accordance with division (C) of section 122.09 of the Revised Code.
(1) For projects that are approved and certified, the authority will issue the statement required by division (C)(2) of section 122.09 of the Revised Code in writing to the applicant.
(2) For projects that meet the minimum requirements and are evaluated but not approved and certified by the authority, the authority will provide the applicant notice in writing in accordance with division (C)(4) of section 122.09 of the Revised Code. The applicant may revise and resubmit its project application for consideration in future rounds.
Last updated July 6, 2021 at 1:29 PM