Rule 1301:17-1-15 | Peer review.
(A) Requirements for a home inspector peer review:
(1) A sponsoring home inspector organization selects a residential property, which is inspected by at least one active Ohio licensed home inspector in good standing for potential issues.
(2) A participant is given time to inspect the residential property as if the participant was performing home inspection services for a paying client.
(3) After conducting the inspection, the participant presents the inspection findings to a peer review panel consisting of two or more active Ohio licensed home inspectors or to a board approved instructor who meets the requirements set forth in paragraph (E)(2) of rule 1301:17-1-11 of the Administrative Code who will evaluate the participants home inspection abilities.
(4) The participant should demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge about the property and be able to identify at least seventy percent of the material defects with the property. For purposes of this rule, a material defect is defined as an observable specific issue with a system or component of a residential property that may have a significant, adverse impact on the value of the property, or that poses an unreasonable risk to people. Following a peer review, the participant may be required to successfully complete an examination administered by the sponsoring home inspector organization, but successful completion a peer review course examination shall not be a requirement for this rule.
(5) Successful participants are awarded a certificate of completion by the sponsoring home inspector organization.
(6) A sponsoring home inspector organization for this rule can be any person who meets the requirements found in paragraph (E)(3) of rule 1301:17-1-11 of the Administrative Code or an active Ohio licensed home inspector with at least five years of experience in home inspection and in good standing with the Ohio division of real estate and professional licensing.
(B) All peer reviews conducted must comply with Chapter 4764. of the Revised Code and rules adopted thereunder.
Last updated April 8, 2021 at 3:20 PM