Rule 1301:3-5-07 | Inspection of power boilers and process boilers.
(A) All power boilers and high pressure, high temperature boilers and their appurtenances shall be thoroughly inspected, internally and externally, under operating conditions at intervals of not more than one year, unless approved for biennial inspection under section 4104.13 of the Revised Code.
(B) Process boilers and their appurtenances shall be thoroughly inspected, internally and externally, under operating conditions at intervals of not more than three years, unless approved for quinquennial inspection under section 4104.13 of the Revised Code. Process boilers and their appurtenances shall not be operated at pressures in excess of the safe working pressure stated in the certificate of operation in accordance with sections 4104.12, 4104.13, and 4104.15 of the Revised Code.
(C) A boiler owner or user may request that a boiler be inspected biennially, triennially, or quinquennially by making a written request to the superintendent for an extended inspection period. On approval of an application for an extended inspection period by the superintendent, the expiration date of the current certificate of operation shall be extended for a period consistent with the approval. Subsequent certificates shall be issued to expire in the same intervals as the extended inspection period approved by the superintendent, unless the superintendent withdraws such approval. The application shall contain, in sufficient detail, the following pertinent information:
(1) Use of boiler;
(2) Boiler data, name of manufacturer, and all identifying numbers;
(3) Name, registration number, and pertinent qualifications of the professional engineer in charge of water treatment;
(4) Laboratory facilities for testing and analyzing boiler water;
(5) Method and frequency of sampling water;
(6) Percentage of make-up water;
(7) Record of boiler outages occurring since the last internal inspection; and
(8) A report from a special or general inspector regarding the acceptability of the boiler for biennial, triennial, or quinquennial inspection.