Rule 145-2-13 | Purchase of leave of absence.
(A) This rule amplifies section 145.291 of the Revised Code.
(B) A member can purchase service credit for a leave of absence period that occurred during a period of contributing service for which the member received a refund of contributions pursuant to section 145.40 of the Revised Code, only if the member has made a redeposit of the refund pursuant to section 145.31 of the Revised Code.
(C) The service credit purchased pursuant to section 145.291 of the Revised Code shall be adjusted to the extent:
(1) The service is concurrent with any other service that will be used in calculating a benefit;
(2) The purchase of the service credit results in more than twelve months of credit in a year.
(1) The member's employer at the time the member was off the payroll shall certify the member's earnable salary for the period, and the member's authorized leave or resignation.
(2) A member purchasing service credit for a period of time when the member was off the payroll due to resignation because of pregnancy shall submit a certified copy of the child's birth certificate or, because of adoption of a child, shall submit evidence of such adoption.
(3) A member described in paragraphs (D)(1) and (2) of this rule shall submit the required information on a form provided by the public employees retirement system.
Last updated January 3, 2022 at 9:06 AM