Rule 145-2-51 | Effective date of benefits.
Benefits available pursuant to section 145.32, 145.33, 145.332, 145.43, 145.45 or 145.46 of the Revised Code shall be effective the first day of the month immediately following the latest of the following:
(A) For a member:
(1) The last date for which compensation was paid;
(2) Eligibility by attaining the required minimum age;
(3) Eligibility by accumulating the required service credit;
(4) Ninety days prior to receipt by the public employees retirement system of the members completed application for retirement;
(5) February 1, 2013, for retirement applications received by the retirement system on or after January 7, 2013.
(B) For a beneficiary:
(1) The death of the contributor or retirant;
(2) Attainment of eligibility.
Last updated October 17, 2023 at 10:23 AM