Rule 145-3-34 | Purchase of exempted service credit.
(A) This rule amplifies section 3.11 of the combined plan document.
(1) For service that would have been covered by Chapter 145. of the Revised Code, but was exempted, a member shall make a request to purchase credit for this service on a form provided by the public employees retirement system.
(2) The employer for which the service was performed shall complete the certification of such service on the form and attach to the form a copy of each approved written exemption from membership on file with the employer for such member.
(3) After receipt of the completed form, the retirement system shall determine the amount of service credit that would have been earned had the service not been exempted.
(C) The service credit purchased pursuant to section 3.11 of the combined plan document and this rule shall be adjusted to the extent that one of the following apply:
(1) The service is concurrent with any other service that will be used in calculating a benefit;
(2) The purchase of the service credit results in more than twelve months of credit in a year.