Rule 1501-3-03 | Pre-design and announcement.
(A) A pre-design phase for all projects available for professional design services shall be conducted to determine the project scope of services and requirements, the project schedule, the project budget, and, if appropriate, special services or studies such as the conceptual or schematic design, soil borings and testing, or other analyses.
(B) After completion of the pre-design phase, the project shall be announced.
(1) The announcement of the project requirements and scope of services shall be made in a uniform and consistent manner, sufficiently in advance of the time that proposals are to be submitted to provide an adequate opportunity for professional design firms to submit statements of qualifications for the project.
(2) The announcement shall include a description of the project, a statement of the specific professional design services required, and a description of the qualifications required for the project.
(3) The announcement shall indicate how qualified professional design firms may submit statements of qualifications in order to be considered for a contract to design or render other required services for the project.
(4) The announcement may be sent to architect, landscape architect, professional engineer, and professional surveyor trade associations, the news media, and any publications or other public media deemed appropriate.
(5) The announcement shall be made in a bulletin called the "Ohio Register" published by the Ohio department of administrative services. Additionally, the chief engineer may provide information on the notices of awards of contracts for design services, including fees, and for construction to the Ohio department of administrative services for publication in the "Ohio Register."
Last updated April 29, 2021 at 3:24 PM