Rule 1501:46-7-01 | Open hours, closed hours, duties; exemptions.
(A) No person shall be present, unless exempted in writing by the area manager, on any area administered by the division between the hours of eleven p.m. and six a.m., except as hereinafter provided in this rule or other administrative rules of the division.
(B) No person shall be present, unless exempted in writing by the area manager one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise throughout the year at any of the following state park areas:
(1) John Bryan state park;
(2) Headlands Beach state park;
(3) Nelson Kennedy Ledges state park;
(4) Hocking Hills state park;
(5) The Hosak Cave area at Salt Fork state park;
(6) The Gorge Overlook area and Lyons Falls trail at Mohican state park;
(7) The boardwalk at Maumee Bay state park;
(8) The Lusk Lock and Sprucevale day use areas at Beaver Creek state park;
(9) The Mount Jeez area and the Butternut trail at Malabar Farm state park;
(C) Persons actually engaged in fishing, hunting, boating, ice skating, hiking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, or any other legitimate recreational pursuit as determined by the chief, or going to or from areas where these activities may take place, or persons sleeping on watercraft as authorized in rule 1501:47-3-21 of the Administrative Code, authorized campers, and occupants of cabins or lodge rooms located within an area administered by the division or persons engaged in an authorized division sponsored program, may be present in such areas at any time during the day or night, except that such persons shall not be in any of the following areas one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise without written permission from the chief of the division or the chief's designee:
(1) The day use area trails at John Bryan;
(2) The day use area trails at Nelson Kennedy Ledges;
(3) The Gorge Overlook area and Lyons Falls trail at Mohican state park;
(4) The day use hiking trails and picnic areas at Hocking Hills;
(5) The boardwalk at Maumee bay state park;
(6) The Lusk Lock and Sprucevale day use areas at Beaver creek state park;
(7) The Mount Jeez area and the Butternut trail at Malabar farm state park.
Last updated June 29, 2022 at 11:28 AM