Rule 3301-32-08 | Management of communicable disease.
(A) A person trained to recognize the common signs of communicable disease or other illness as required by paragraph (L) of rule 3301-32-02 of the Administrative Code, shall observe each child daily as the child enters the group.
(B) A child with any of the following signs or symptoms of illness shall be isolated immediately. Decisions regarding exclusion from the program either immediately or at some later time in the day shall be determined by the program coordinator or team leader and the parent(s).
(1) Diarrhea (three or more loose stool in a twenty-four-hour period) if reported;
(2) Severe coughing, causing the child to become red or blue in the face or to make a whooping sound;
(3) Difficult or rapid breathing;
(4) Yellowish skin or eyes;
(5) Redness of the eye or eyelid, thick and purulent (pus) eye discharge, matted eyelashes, burning, itching or eye pain;
(6) Temperature of one hundred degrees Fahrenheit taken by the auxiliary method when in combination with other symptoms;
(7) Untreated infected skin patch(es);
(8) Unusually dark urine and/or grey or white stool if reported;
(9) Stiff neck with an elevated temperature;
(10) Evidence of untreated lice, scabies, or other parasitic infestation;
(11) Sore throat or difficulty in swallowing; or
(12) Vomiting more than one time or when accompanied by any other sign or symptom of illness.
(C) While isolated, the child shall be:
(1) Isolated in a room or portion of a room not being used in the school child program;
(2) Within sight or hearing of a staff member;
(3) Made comfortable in a warm, safe environment. All linen and blankets used by an ill child shall be laundered before being used by another child, and cots or recovery/nurse station bed, shall be disinfected; and
(4) Observed carefully for worsening condition.
(D) Notifying, when aware of diagnoses, all parents when children enrolled are exposed to a communicable disease during program time; and
(E) Access to the Ohio department of health's poster "communicable disease chart" (jfs.ohio.gov) for staff reference.
Last updated July 1, 2021 at 10:17 AM