Rule 3301-35-05 | Faculty and staff focus.
(A) Credentialed and classified staff shall be recruited, employed, assigned, evaluated and provided professional development in accordance to state and federal law.
(1) Each credentialed staff member shall hold the appropriate credentials for his/her assigned position. Copies of credentials appropriate to staff assignments shall be on file in the school district's administrative office.
(2) The ratio of teachers to students school district-wide shall be at least one full-time equivalent classroom teacher for each twenty-five students in the regular student population.
The ratio of teachers to students in kindergarten through fourth grade on a school district-wide basis shall be at least one full-time equivalent classroom teacher per twenty-five students in the regular student population.
(3) The local board of education shall be responsible for the scope and type of educational services in the district. The district shall employ educational service personnel to enhance the learning opportunities of all students. Educational service personnel assigned to elementary fine arts, music and physical education shall hold the special teaching certificate or multi-age license in the subject to which they are assigned.
(4) Every school shall be provided the services of a principal.
(5) Credentialed staff shall be evaluated. Evaluation systems should align with state models and the Ohio educator standards, October 2005 (education.ohio.gov).
(6) Classified staff shall be evaluated at regular intervals. Evaluation results shall be discussed with the classified staff in evaluation conferences.
(7) Data shall be used to determine the amount and nature of faculty and staff professional development necessary to implement the school district's vision, mission, and strategic plan.
(a) Professional development planning may include the identification of observable and measurable staff learning outcomes, the individual or group needs of faculty and staff to develop or improve the knowledge and skills necessary to address personalized and individualized student learning needs, a focus on closing the gap between student performance and the expectations for student performance, and identification of the resources necessary to support the professional learning outcomes, follow-up and evaluation.
(b) Professional development for all faculty and staff shall continually be monitored, evaluated, and improved to align with school district goals and objectives and to meet the changing needs of students. Professional development for credentialed staff shall be provided.
(8) Teachers shall be provided sufficient time for designing their work, evaluating student progress, conferencing, and team planning. Time shall be established for teachers to pursue collaborative planning for the development of lesson plans, professional development, and shared learning. The schedule of full-time equivalent classroom teachers assigned to a school with a teacher day of six hours or longer, excluding the lunch period, shall include two hundred minutes per week for these purposes.
(B) The school district or school shall maintain an environment that supports personal and organizational performance excellence by allowing credentialed and classified staff the opportunity to develop and use their full potential to achieve school district and school objectives.
(1) The organizational design of the school district or school shall promote communication, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge and skills across work functions, units and locations.
(2) All staff shall know and demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to the school district and school vision, mission, philosophy, goals, objectives, strategic and continuous improvement plans, and performance expectations and results.
(3) The school district or school shall continually evaluate its work environment and improve it to support school district, school and student goals.
(4) All licensed educators and other school district staff shall engage in professional development that aligns with the Ohio educator standards, October 2005 (education.ohio.gov).
(5) Faculty and staff shall strive to create and maintain an environment of encouragement, trust and mutual commitment to school district and school goals.
(6) Faculty and staff shall work within a healthy, safe environment and help maintain and improve a healthy, safe environment conducive to student learning and performance excellence.