Rule 3332-1-21 | Board meetings.
(A) This rule of the state board of career colleges and schools is adopted in compliance with section 121.22 of the Revised Code.
(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing to the following address:
"State Board of Career Colleges and Schools
30 East Broad Street, Suite 2481
Columbus, Ohio 43215"
(2) Calling the following telephone number during normal business hours: (614) 466-2752.
(C) All requests for meeting notification shall provide the name of the individual media representative to be contacted, his or her mailing address, e-mail address, and a telephone number where he or she can be reached.
(D) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided.
(E) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the executive director shall notify all media representatives who have requested notification of such meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Providing written notice, which must be mailed or e-mailed no later than four calendar days prior to the day of the special meeting.
(2) Notifying such representative by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting; such telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort, the executive director has been unable to provide such telephone notice.
(3) Informing such representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
(F) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature, the executive director shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meeting by providing either the notice described in paragraph (E)(1) of this rule, or that described in paragraph (E)(2) of this rule. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given as soon as possible.
(G) In giving the notices required by paragraphs (E) and (F) of this rule, the executive director may rely on assistance provided by any member of the state board of career colleges and schools and any such notice is complete if given by such member in the manner provided in this rule.
(H) The executive director shall maintain a list of all persons who have requested, orally or in writing, notice of all meetings of the state board of career colleges and schools at which specific subject matters designated by such persons are scheduled to be discussed. Any person may, upon request, have his name placed on such a list. Periodically, the executive director shall confirm that individuals who have been placed on the list, wish to continue to receive board notices.
(I) All schools or other persons that seek to have items considered by the board at a regularly scheduled board meeting, must submit the items for consideration in accordance with the published board meeting agenda deadlines. Items submitted after the board meeting agenda deadlines may be considered by the board only if specifically approved by the executive director.