Rule 3349-7-15 | Campus closing.
To establish a rule regarding campus closing.
This rule applies to all faculty, administrative staff, unclassified hourly employees and classified civil service employees at the university. This rule does not apply to student employees.
(1) Consult rule 3349-7-01 of the Administrative Code.
(2) "Normal Working Hours" for unclassified hourly employees and classified civil service employees are from eight a.m. to five p.m. unless otherwise directed by the immediate supervisor. Normal working hours for faculty and administrative staff are established by the immediate supervisor.
(3) "Regular Rate of Pay" refers to the employee's base rate of pay.
(D) Rule statement
(1) Campus closing
(a) Campus closings will be announced on the university's official notification sites. A list of official notification sites can be obtained from the department of human resources.
(b) Employees who are required to work on a day when the university is officially closed due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances will be compensated for the number of hours for which other hourly personnel are compensated; plus they will be compensated at one and one half times their regular rate of pay at the time earned, for the number of hours actually worked.
(c) Compensatory time may be elected in lieu of overtime compensation.
(2) Call back pay
(a) Employees who are required to return to the worksite after the employee's normal working hours are over will be eligible for call back pay. Continuous work hours are not covered by this call back pay provision.
(b) An employee entitled to call back pay will receive a minimum payment of four hours at the employee's regular rate of pay. If an employee works more than two and three quarters hours in a call-back situation, payment will be made at the overtime rate of one and one half times the employee's regular rate of pay at the time earned.
(c) The employee may elect compensatory time in lieu of paid overtime.
(d) Employees who are required to report to the worksite to perform these time sensitive or essential functions will be entitled to pay for such hours worked on site at one and one-half times the employee's regular rate of pay. The remaining hours of the paid personal day will be compensated at the regular rate of pay.
(e) The employee may elect compensatory time in lieu of paid overtime.
(3) If an employee is scheduled for sick leave, vacation leave, personal leave or compensatory time on a day when the campus is closed, the time card or leave form concerning the period of scheduled absence must reflect the scheduled absence and not the campus closure.
(4) Part-time classified employees may claim as authorized time off with pay only their regularly scheduled work hours that are affected by the closing, regardless of the length of the closing (e.g., a part-time employee who is regularly scheduled for a five hour work day will be paid only for a five hour day even though the Rootstown campus was actually closed for a full eight hour day).
(5) Any on-call employees (including classified civil service or administrative staff) who are scheduled to work on a day when the campus is closed will not be paid if they do not work. If an on-call employee is asked to work on a day that campus is closed, the employee will be paid straight-time for the time worked.