Rule 3358:5-1-27 | Compensation and benefits.
(A) The president shall maintain fiscal integrity with respect to employment, compensation, and benefits to employees, consultants, and contract workers.
(B) Accordingly, the president shall not:
(1) Change his or her own compensation and benefits.
(2) Promise or imply permanent or guaranteed employment.
(3) Recommend for employment any individual, firm, or vendor who represents a conflict of interest as defined in the Ohio Ethics Laws, Chapter 102. of the Revised Code; or pay fees that are unreasonable or inappropriate for the services rendered.
(4) Establish current compensation and benefits which:
(a) Fail to take into account the geographic or professional market for the skills employed.
(b) Create obligations over a longer term than revenues can be safely projected.
(c) Are instituted without prior monitoring of these provisions.
(5) Establish deferred or long-term compensation and benefits which:
(a) Cause unfunded liabilities to occur or in any way commit the organization to benefits which incur unpredictable future costs.
(b) Shall not discriminate in the level of benefits to all full-time employees, though differential benefits to encourage productivity and longevity in key employees are not prohibited.
(c) Allow any employee to lose benefits already accrued from any foregoing plan.
(d) Are instituted without prior monitoring of these provisions.
(e) Violate law or regulation.
Prior Effective Dates: 10/14/2002, 3/7/2005, 4/13/2005