Rule 3701-19-39 | Medical director.
(A) The medical director of a pediatric respite care program shall be a physician and have overall responsibility for the medical component of the program.
(B) The duties of the medical director shall include:
(1) Reviewing patient medical eligibility for pediatric respite care services;
(2) Participating as a member of the interdisciplinary team or teams in the development of individual plans of care or assuring that one or more other qualified physicians participate on the team or teams;
(3) Consulting with attending physicians, when appropriate, regarding pain and symptom management;
(4) Assuring overall continuity of the pediatric respite care program's medical services, including availability of physician services for routine and emergency situations;
(5) Acting as liaison between patients' attending physicians and the interdisciplinary team or teams;
(6) Establishing health policies for employees of the pediatric respite care program; and
(7) Serving as liaison with community physicians, medical schools, and hospitals.