Rule 3701-3-02.1 | Reporting of occupational diseases.
(A) Every physician attending on or called in to visit a patient whom the physician believes to be suffering from any of the occupational diseases or occupationally related ailments listed in paragraph (B) of this rule shall submit a report to the director of health within forty-eight hours from the time of first attending the patient. This report shall be made on, or in conformity with, the standard schedule blanks which the director is required to provide physicians pursuant to section 3701.26 of the Revised Code and shall contain the following information:
(1) The name, address, and occupation of the patient;
(2) The name, address, and business of the patient's employer;
(3) The nature of the disease or ailment; and
(4) Name, address and telephone number of the physician.
The mailing of the report, within the time required by this paragraph shall constitute compliance with section 3701.25 the Revised Code and this rule.
(B) The following occupational diseases and ailments are required to be reported:
(1) Poisoning from phosphorous, brass, arsenic, mercury, wood alcohol or their compounds;
(2) Compressed air illness;
(3) Poisoning from lead and cadmium.