Rule 3701-81-05 | Duties of approved residential rental unit lead-safe maintenance practices training program and training program managers.
(A) An approved training program shall:
(1) Provide for adequate facilities for lecture, course examination, and hands-on training and assessment. This includes providing for training equipment that reflects current work practices, and maintaining or updating the equipment and facilities as needed;
(2) Issue a unique course completion certificate to each trainee who successfully completes the residential rental unit lead-safe maintenance practices course and course examination. The program completion certificate shall include:
(a) A unique certificate number;
(b) The name and address of the trainee;
(c) The name of the course program the trainee completed;
(d) Dates of program attendance and the date the program examination was passed;
(e) The name, address, and telephone number of the training program;
(f) A current, original passport type photograph of the trainee for the purpose of providing proper identification; and
(g) A statement signed by the training program manager certifying the following: "I certify that this training complies with all applicable requirements of Chapter 3742. of the Revised Code and Chapter 3701-81 of the Administrative Code."
(3) Notify the director in writing of:
(a) Any change of the address specified in its training program approval application within thirty days of making the change;
(b) The location where required records will be kept and of any change of the location of the records within thirty days of transferring the records from their original location;
(c) On a form prescribed by the director:
(i) At least ten business days, or three business days if using the online notification system, prior to the commencement of any approved training course, of the date and place where the approved training program will be held; and
(ii) Any change to the training program notification that would render the information on the notification no longer accurate.
(d) The dates the course was held, the name of the course, the name or names of the instructor or instructors, and the name or names and course completion number of the trainees attending each program with an indication of who successfully completed an approved training program during the month by the tenth calendar day of the following month using the online notification system.
(4) Maintain the following records while approved by the director and at least forty-two months after its last day as an approved training program provider:
(a) All records required by rule 3701-81-03 of the Administrative Code;
(b) Results of each trainee's program examinations, and a list of each trainee who successfully completed the program, including the unique certificate number issued to each trainee for that program; and
(c) Any other material not listed in this paragraph that was submitted to the director as part of the application for licensure or renewal.
(B) The training program manager shall ensure that the approved training program complies at all times with this rule. The training program manager shall also:
(1) Develop and implement a quality control plan which shall be used to maintain or improve the quality of the training program. As part of the quality control plan, the training program manager shall:
(a) Submit to the director for approval, at least ten calendar days prior to making the change or revision:
(i) Any proposed periodic revisions of training materials and program examination to reflect innovations in the field;
(ii) Any changes made to the program materials;
(iii) Any changes made to the program curriculum; and
(iv) Any changes of the training program manager, principal instructor, or guest instructors and documentation of qualifications as set forth in rule 3701-81-04 of the Administrative Code pertaining to the new personnel;
(b) Develop procedures for the annual review of instructor competency.
(2) Maintain the validity and integrity of the program examination as required in rule 3701-81-06 of the Administrative Code to ensure that it accurately evaluates the trainee's knowledge and retention of the program topics; and
(3) Designate a principal instructor who is responsible for the organization of the program and oversight of the teaching of all program material. The training program manager shall designate additional instructors as guest instructors for the program or programs the instructors will teach. The training program manager shall also ensure that each appointed instructor complies with the qualifications as outlined in rule 3701-81-04 of the Administrative Code.