Rule 3701:1-58-47 | Safety precautions for manual brachytherapy.
(A) For each patient or human research subject who is receiving brachytherapy and cannot be released under rule 3701:1-58-30 of the Administrative Code, a licensee shall:
(1) Not quarter the patient or the human research subject in the same room as an individual who is not receiving brachytherapy;
(2) Visibly post the patient's or human research subject's room with a "radioactive materials" sign; and
(3) Note on the door or in the patient's or human research subject's chart where and how long visitors may stay in the patient's or human research subject's room.
(B) A licensee shall have applicable emergency response equipment available near each treatment room to respond to a source:
(1) Dislodged from the patient; or
(2) Lodged within the patient following removal of the source applicators.
(C) A licensee shall notify the radiation safety officer, or his or her designee, and an authorized user as soon as possible if the patient or human research subject has a medical emergency or dies.
Last updated November 18, 2022 at 8:35 AM