Rule 3745-270-33 | Waste specific prohibitions- chlorinated aliphatic wastes.
(A) The wastes specified in Chapter 3745-51 of the Administrative Code as EPA hazardous wastes numbers K174 and K175, soil and debris contaminated with these wastes, radioactive wastes mixed with these wastes, and soil and debris contaminated with radioactive wastes mixed with these wastes are prohibited from land disposal.
(B) The requirements of paragraph (A) of this rule do not apply if:
(2) Persons have been granted an exemption from a prohibition pursuant to a petition under rule 3745-270-06 of the Administrative Code, with respect to those wastes and units covered by the petition;
(3) The wastes meet the applicable treatment standards established pursuant to a petition granted under rule 3745-270-44 of the Administrative Code;
(5) Persons have been granted an extension to the effective date of a prohibition pursuant to rule 3745-270-05 of the Administrative Code, with respect to these wastes covered by the extension.
(C) To determine whether a hazardous waste identified in this rule exceeds the applicable treatment standards specified in rule 3745-270-40 of the Administrative Code, the initial generator must test a sample of the waste extract or the entire waste, depending on whether the treatment standards are expressed as concentrations in the waste extract or the waste, or the generator may use knowledge of the waste. If the waste contains regulated constituents in excess of the applicable levels of rules 3745-270-40 to 3745-270-49 of the Administrative Code, the waste is prohibited from land disposal, and all requirements of Chapter 3745-270 of the Administrative Code are applicable, except as otherwise specified.
(D) Disposal of K175 wastes that have complied with all applicable treatment standards in rule 3745-270-40 of the Administrative Code must also be macroencapsulated in accordance with the table in rule 3745-270-40 of the Administrative Code unless the waste is placed in:
(1) A permitted hazardous waste landfill containing only K175 wastes that meet all applicable treatment standards in rule 3745-270-40 of the Administrative Code; or
(2) A dedicated permitted hazardous waste landfill cell in which all other wastes being co-disposed are at pH 6.0.