Rule 3745-49-10 | Notice of water permit applications to government agencies.
(A) Any action, other than a final action, that would issue or renew a permit to discharge sewage, industrial waste, or other wastes to waters of the state under division (J) of section 6111.03 of the Revised Code shall be provided to the following entities having jurisdiction over waters that may be affected by the discharge:
(1) Any agency responsible for an areawide waste treatment management plan pursuant to division (B) of section 208 of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act, 33 USC 1251 (July 1, 2005).
(2) Any agency responsible for the preparation of a plan pursuant to an approved continuing planning process under division (E) of section 303 of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act, 33 USC 1251 (July 1, 2005).
(3) Public health agencies for the purpose of assisting the applicant in coordinating the applicable requirements of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act, 33 USC 1251 (July 1, 2005) with any applicable health requirements of such public health agencies.
(B) The notice required to be provided in paragraph (A) of this rule shall include the following:
(1) The information required in rule 3745-49-08 of the Administrative Code for a public notice regarding the action. The notice may include a copy of such public notice.
(2) A statement that the state, interstate, federal, or local government agency may submit written recommendations to the director and to the regional administrator of the United States environmental protection agency.
(3) A statement that the director may incorporate the recommendation into the permit if issued, and that if the recommendation is not incorporated in the final action of the director, a written explanation of the reasons for not accepting the recommendation will be provided to the state, interstate, federal, or local government agency and to the regional administrator of the United States environmental protection agency.
(4) A copy of the fact sheet and a statement that a copy of the permit application for a permit or the draft permit or proposed permit, including all ancillary papers, will be provided upon request.