Rule 3745-49-55 | Grant administration.
(A) Grant applications and awards.
Applicants shall prepare and submit grant applications in a format approved by the director. The certification statement in the application shall be signed by an official with the authority to enter into contracts on behalf of the applicant company, organization or local government agency.
[Comment: The approved format for the application will be made accessible by contacting the "Office of Environmental Education" at Ohio EPA or by accessing the agency's website.]
(B) Grant requirements.
(1) Grants awarded shall require the purchase of the new alternative fuel vehicle, or conversion of the traditional fuel vehicle to alternative fuel operation, to be completed within eighteen months from the date the grant contract was executed. The director may grant one six-moth time extension for cause, such as the lack of availability of vehicles or equipment, after which the grant may be revoked and the funds offered to the next eligible applicant.
(2) Grants awarded shall require the implementation of an adequate program for routine maintenance and repair of the purchased or converted alternative fuel vehicle.
(3) Grants awarded shall include provisions for periodic reporting and verification that over half the miles driven by the purchased or converted alternative fuel vehicle were within this state.
(4) The director may hold in reserve a percentage of the grant until such time as the grant recipient demonstrates that the purchase or the alternative fuel vehicle, or conversion of the traditional fuel vehicle, has been completed under the terms of the grant agreement.
(5) The director may revoke a grant, or withhold a percentage of the grant held in reserve an reallocate those funds to another recipient, if the director determines that the recipient failed to comply with the terms of the grant award under this rule and has failed to correct said deficiencies to the satisfaction of the director.