Rule 3745-50-16 | Notification requirement for hazardous secondary materials.
(A) Facilities managing hazardous secondary materials under rule 3745-50-23 and paragraph (A)(23), (A)(24), (A)(25), or (A)(27) of rule 3745-51-04 of the Administrative Code shall send a notification prior to operating under the rule and by March first of each even-numbered year thereafter to the director using Ohio EPA form 9029 that includes the following information:
(1) The name, address, and U.S. EPA identification number (if applicable) of the facility;
(2) The name and telephone number of a contact person;
(3) The "North American Industry Classification Systems" (NAICS) code of the facility;
(4) The rule under which the hazardous secondary materials will be managed;
(5) For reclaimers and intermediate facilities managing hazardous secondary materials in accordance with paragraph (A)(24) or (A)(25) of rule 3745-51-04 of the Administrative Code, whether the reclaimer or intermediate facility has financial assurance (not applicable for persons managing hazardous secondary materials generated and reclaimed under the control of the generator);
(6) When the facility began or expects to begin managing the hazardous secondary materials in accordance with the rule;
(7) A list of hazardous secondary materials that will be managed according to the rule (reported as the U.S. EPA hazardous waste numbers that would apply if the hazardous secondary materials were managed as hazardous wastes);
(8) For each hazardous secondary material, whether the hazardous secondary material, or any portion thereof, will be managed in a land-based unit;
(9) The quantity of each hazardous secondary material to be managed annually; and
(10) The certification (included in Ohio EPA form 9029) signed and dated by an authorized representative of the facility.
(B) If a facility managing hazardous secondary materials has submitted a notification, but then subsequently stops managing hazardous secondary materials in accordance with the rules listed above, the facility shall notify the director within thirty days using Ohio EPA form 9029. For purposes of this rule, a facility has stopped managing hazardous secondary materials if the facility no longer generates, manages or reclaims hazardous secondary materials under the rules referenced in this rule and does not expect to manage any amount of hazardous secondary materials for at least one year.
[Comment: For dates of non-regulatory government publications, publications of recognized organizations and associations, federal rules, and federal statutory provisions referenced in this rule, see rule 3745-50-11 of the Administrative Code titled "Incorporated by reference."]
Last updated June 12, 2023 at 8:29 AM