Rule 3745-50-43 | Contents of "Part A" of the permit application.
"Part A" of the hazardous waste permit application shall include the following information:
(A) The activities conducted by the applicant which require the applicant to obtain an Ohio hazardous waste permit under Ohio law.
(B) Name, mailing address, and location, including latitude and longitude, of the facility for which the application is submitted.
(C) Up to four "North American Industry Classification Systems" (NAICS) codes which best reflect the principal products or services provided by the facility.
(D) The operator's name, address, telephone number, ownership status, and status as federal, state, private, public, or other entity.
(E) The name, address, and telephone number of the owner of the facility.
(G) An indication of whether the facility is new or existing, and whether the application is a first or a revised application.
(H) For existing facilities:
(1) A scale drawing of the facility showing the location of all past, present, and future treatment, storage, and disposal areas; and
(2) Photographs of the facility clearly delineating:
(a) All existing structures;
(b) Existing treatment, storage, and disposal areas; and
(c) Sites of future treatment, storage, and disposal areas.
(I) A description of the processes to be used for treating, storing, and disposing of hazardous waste, and the design capacity of these items.
(1) A specification of the hazardous wastes listed or designated under Chapter 3745-51 of the Administrative Code to be treated, stored, or disposed of at the facility; and
(2) An estimate of the quantity of such wastes to be treated, stored, or disposed annually; and
(3) A general description of the processes to be used for such wastes.
(K) A listing of all permits or construction approvals received or applied for under any of the following programs:
(1) Hazardous waste management program under state or federal law.
(2) Underground injection control (UIC) program under the Solid Waste Disposal Act.
(3) National pollution discharge elimination system (NPDES) program under the Clean Water Act (CWA).
(4) Prevention of significant deterioration (PSD) program under the Clean Air Act (CAA).
(5) Nonattainment program under the CAA.
(6) National emission standards for hazardous pollutants (NESHAP) preconstruction approval under the CAA.
(7) Ocean dumping permits under the Marine Protection, Research, and Sanctuaries Act.
(8) Dredge or fill permits under Section 404 of the CWA.
(9) Other relevant environmental permits, including state permits.
(L) A topographic map (or other map if a topographic map is unavailable) extending one mile beyond the property boundaries of the source, depicting:
(1) The facility and each of the facility's intake and discharge structures;
(2) Each of the facility's hazardous waste treatment, storage, or disposal facilities;
(3) Each well where fluids from the facility are injected underground; and
(4) Those wells, springs, other surface water bodies, and drinking water wells listed in public records or otherwise known to the applicant within one quarter mile of the facility property boundary.
(M) A brief description of the nature of the business.
(N) For hazardous debris, a description of the debris categories and contaminant categories to be treated, stored, or disposed of at the facility.
(O) All other information required by U.S. EPA form 8700-23 and Ohio EPA form 9027, Ohio EPA form 9028, and Ohio EPA form 9029, and any other forms required by the director.
[Comment: For dates of non-regulatory government publications, publications of recognized organizations and associations, federal rules, and federal statutory provisions referenced in this rule, see rule 3745-50-11 of the Administrative Code titled "Incorporated by reference."]
Last updated October 24, 2022 at 8:42 AM