Rule 4101:9-2-10 | Power-driven paper-products machine occupations.
(A) The following occupations are prohibited for minors under eighteen years of age, unless exempt by the following:
(1) The occupations of operating or assisting to operate any of the following power-driven paper-products machines:
(a) Arm-type wire stitcher or stapler, circular or band saw corner cutter or mitering machine, corrugating and single or double-facing machine, envelope die-cutting press, guillotine paper cutter or shear, horizontal bar scorer, laminating or combining machine, sheeting machine, scrap-paper baler, paper box compactor, or vertical slotter.
(b) Platen die-cutting press, platen printing press, or punch press which involves hand feeding of the machine.
(2) The occupations of operation or assisting to operate any baler that is designed or used to process materials other than paper.
(3) The occupations of operation or assisting to operate any compactor that is designed or used to process materials other than paper.
(4) The occupations of setting up, adjusting, repairing, oiling, or cleaning any of the machines listed in paragraphs (A)(1), (A)(2) and (A)(3) of this rule, including those that do not involve hand feeding.
(1) The term "operating or assisting to operate" shall mean all work that involves starting or stopping a machine covered by this rule, placing materials into or removing them from the machine, or any other work directly involved in operating the machine.
(2) The term "paper-products machine" shall mean power-driven machines used in the remanufacture or conversion of paper or pulp into a finished product. The term is understood to apply to such machines whether they are used in establishments that manufacture, or in any other type of manufacturing or nonmanufacturing establishment.
There are many machines not covered by this rule. The following machines are not covered.
Bag machine, bag-making machine
Bottoming machine (bags)
Box-making machine (collapsible boxes)
Calendar roll and plating machines
Cigarette carton opener and tax stamping machine
Counting, stacking, and ejecting machine
Covering, lining, or wrapping machines (set-up boxes)
Dornbusch machine (wall paper)
Ending machine (set-up boxes)
Gluing, scaling, or gumming machine
Parchmentizing, waxing, or coating machines
Partition assembling machine
Paper cup machine
Rotary printing press
Tube cutting machine
Tube machine (paper bags)
Window patch machine
Wire or tag stringing machine