Rule 4501-7-29 | CDL school training agreements.
(A) A written agreement shall be established between the student and the driver training enterprise prior to the start of any training. Verbal agreements are prohibited.
(B) An enterprise may contract with a student to provide the theory portion of training, behind-the-wheel training, or both. The student shall complete the hours of training per the contract with the enterprise and may not complete partial at another school unless mitigating circumstances occur. To contract for the behind-the-wheel training, the student provides the enterprise with proof of theory completion.
(C) All written agreements contain the following:
(1) The full address where the instruction will be given. For virtual classroom, this includes the website and requirements to access the course.
(2) Classification of vehicle and type of training being provided.
(3) All charges for the training course stated clearly.
(4) A statement as to whether the use of an enterprise-owned vehicle for the license examination is included in the charges, and if not included, any additional charge for this service.
(5) The number of classroom instruction hours to be provided, if applicable.
(6) The number of behind-the-wheel instruction hours to be provided, if applicable.
(7) The signature of an authorizing official, training manager, or instructor and the date such signature was made.
(8) The signature of the student and the date each signature was made.
(9) A declaration of the date by which the complete program of training will be made available to the student. This date is no more that two hundred seventy days from the date the driver training begins.
(10) The statement, "Driver training schools are licensed by the Department of Public Safety through the Driver Training Program Office, 1970 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43223."
(11) A declaration of the conditions under which refunds may be made. If refunds are not made, the agreement shall clearly state that the enterprise makes no refunds.
(D) A declaration of conditions under which a student may be denied training may be included in the training agreement.
(E) A signed copy of the agreement shall be given to the student on the day it is executed.
Last updated May 2, 2022 at 9:07 AM