Rule 4501:1-4-01 | Military provisions related to processing motor vehicle salvage dealer, salvage motor vehicle auction and salvage motor vehicle pool applications.
(A) For the purpose of this rule, the following shall apply:
(1) "Active duty" means active duty pursuant to an executive order of the president of the United States, an act of congress of the United States, or section 5919.29 or 5923.21 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Armed forces" shall have the same meaning as in section 5903.01 of the Revised Code.
(3) "Veteran" shall have the same meaning as in section 5903.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) The bureau shall track, monitor, prioritize and expedite each application for a license issued under Chapter 4738. of the Revised Code, from an applicant who is a:
(2) Member of the armed forces;
(3) Spouse of a veteran or member of the armed forces; or
(4) Surviving spouse of a veteran or member of the armed forces.
(C) Satisfactory evidence that the applicant is a veteran or member of the armed forces for the purpose of determining whether an applicant qualifies for an accommodation under Chapter 5903. of the Revised Code includes the applicant's official military identification card, official DD-214 separation document, or other official military documentation approved by the board. A marriage certificate may be required, in addition to evidence of the spouse's status as a veteran or member of the armed forces, if the applicant is a spouse or surviving spouse of a veteran or member of the armed forces.
(D) In order to expedite the processing of complete applications, especially for individuals facing imminent deployment, the bureau shall accept necessary information in support of the application by electronic and other appropriate means.