Rule 4717-5-02 | Master embalmer and master funeral director training program requirements.
(A) A master embalmer and a master funeral director with five years of experience as an embalmer or funeral director in the in the state of Ohio must successfully complete training approved by the board. The training must be a six-hour class. The training shall be conducted in a classroom setting, face to face, or in a virtual classroom or on-demand setting, and open to all licensees. The training is valid for five years.
In the event the governor has declared a state of emergency, the board of embalmers and funeral directors may extend the validity of a funeral directors and embalmer's master training course up to one year from the end of the declared emergency.
(B) The training shall consist of the following topics:
(1) Federal trade commission;
(2) Liturgical and non-liturgical and veterans administration;
(3) Occupational health and safety administration (OSHA);
(4) Chapter 4717. of the Revised Code including, but not limited to, preneed laws and rules, not sales, and cremation laws and rules;
(5) Agency 4717 of the Administration Code including, but not limited to, preneed laws and rules, not sales, and cremation laws and rules;
(6) Vital statistics laws and rules, including, but not limited to, the electronic death registration system (EDRS);
(7) Duties and responsibilities of a master;
(8) Apprenticeship program and documentation; and
(9) Any additional topics deemed appropriate by the board.
Last updated May 20, 2022 at 3:36 PM