Rule 4723-17-07 | Proof of completion of an approved course in intravenous therapy.
[Comment: Information regarding the availability and effective date of the materials incorporated by reference in this rule can be found in paragraph (G) of rule 4723-1-03 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) In order to be approved or reapproved as a faculty-directed intravenous therapy continuing educational activity, in addition to the requirements contained in Chapter 4723-14 of the Administrative Code, an applicant for approval, or a provider seeking re-approval, shall have and implement written policies addressing the following:
(1) The level of achievement that a nurse must maintain in order to successfully complete the course in intravenous therapy and to obtain proof of completion of the course;
(2) Periodic evaluation of the nurse's progress in the course by an instructor of the course;
(3) A testing component that measures a nurse's competency related to intravenous therapy;
(4) A process for issuing a certificate of completion to nurses who have successfully completed the approved intravenous therapy course; and
(5) Submission of an "Application to Perform IV Therapy in Ohio as a LPN and Certification of CE Course Completion" to the board documenting each nurse's completion of the approved intravenous therapy course.
(B) Upon receiving satisfactory documentation that a licensed practical nurse has successfully complete an approved intravenous therapy course, the board shall approve such nurse as authorized to provide intravenous therapy.
(C) When a licensed practical nurse who has been licensed by endorsement in Ohio provides documentation satisfactory to the board of having successfully completed an intravenous therapy course in another state that substantially meets the requirements of this chapter, the board may approve such nurse as authorized to provide intravenous therapy.