Rule 4723-18-04 | Provisions of the participatory agreement for the practice intervention and improvement program (PIIP).
(A) When an individual has been determined by the supervising member to be eligible for the practice intervention and improvement program, the individual shall execute a participatory agreement with PIIP that includes, but is not limited to, provisions that:
(1) Set forth the identified practice deficiencies;
(2) Identify the specific remediation including educational interventions the participant must complete;
(3) Specify the time frame for the participant to submit to PIIP copies of the educational intervention content and objectives that demonstrate it fulfills the prescribed education intervention requirements;
(4) Require the participant to pay all expenses the participant incurs as a result of the required remediation;
(5) Require the participant to provide the participatory agreement to a manager, or a person with administrative responsibilities equivalent to or higher than a manager, for all of the participant's employers or contracting entities with respect to which the participant provides nursing or dialysis care, and provide documentation to the board of the manager's receipt of the participatory agreement;
(6) Require a participant who is an advanced practice registered nurse to provide a copy of the participatory agreement to the following, and submit documentation to the board of their receipt:
(a) The credentialing body of each institution at which the licensee provides advanced practice registered nursing services or nursing care;
(b) Each collaborating physician with whom the licensee works as a clinical nurse specialist, certified nurse practitioner, or certified nurse midwife;
(7) Require the participant to participate in workplace monitoring;
(8) Require the participant to cooperate with any entity, including the educational provider and workplace monitor;
(9) Require the participant to cause all workplace monitors, selected according to paragraph (B) of rule 4723-18-08 of the Administrative Code, and educational providers, selected according to rule 4723-18-06 of the Administrative Code, to provide remediation and to send written progress reports regarding the participant's progress in remediation to PIIP at specified intervals;
(10) Require the participant to sign all waivers necessary to secure all reports required by PIIP;
(11) Require the participant to submit a written personal progress report containing the information required by PIIP to PIIP at specified intervals;
(12) Require the participant to meet in person with a PIIP representative at specified intervals;
(13) Require the participant to obey all federal, state, and local laws, including all laws and rules regulating nursing practice or dialysis care in Ohio;
(14) Specify that the prescribed educational intervention cannot be used to satisfy the continuing education requirements set forth in Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code and the rules of the board;
(15) Specify the terms and conditions the participant must meet to successfully complete the remediation, including the time frames for successfully completing both the educational intervention and workplace monitoring components of the remediation; and
(16) Set forth the grounds for termination from PIIP.
(B) An individual determined by the supervising member to be eligible for PIIP who refuses to enter into the participatory agreement set forth in this rule within the time frame specified by PIIP may be subject to disciplinary action according to section 4723.28 of the Revised Code.