Rule 4729:5-14-02 | Licensure.
(A) An EMS organization that possesses dangerous drugs shall apply for and maintain a license as a terminal distributor of dangerous drugs with an emergency medical services classification.
(1) The location that serves as the main station of the EMS organization will be deemed the headquarters.
(2) Any satellite location associated with the headquarters of the EMS organization where dangerous drugs will be stored must be licensed as a terminal distributor of dangerous drugs.
(B) An application for licensure shall include all the following:
(1) A completed application;
(2) A copy of the organization's protocols signed by the medical director;
(3) A list of the dangerous drugs, or drug list, that may be possessed and administered by EMS organization personnel, expressed in standard dose units, signed by the medical director;
(4) A list of personnel employed, including volunteers, by the EMS organization who may access and administer dangerous drugs, which includes the name of each employee or volunteer, level of certification, certification number, and expiration date; and
(5) The fee for the appropriate category of licensure.
(C) Each location, headquarters and satellite, may only possess those dangerous drugs that are on the drug list submitted to the board pursuant to paragraph (B)(3) of this rule and only at locations licensed by the state board of pharmacy.
(1) A medical director may modify the drugs that may be possessed and administered by EMS organization personnel by submitting a new drug list to the state board of pharmacy in a manner determined by the board.
(2) A modification to the drug list shall require an update to the EMS organization's protocols. Any updates or changes to the protocols shall only be submitted to the board upon request.
(D) If there is a change of the medical director of an EMS organization, the new medical director shall submit notification, in a manner determined by the board, no later than five business days following the change. Notification shall include a current drug list signed by the new medical director.
(E) Any change of the EMS organization's personnel list shall be updated within thirty days of a change of personnel. Any change of personnel shall only be submitted to the board upon request.
(F) An EMS organization shall maintain a current copy or have access to a current copy of the organization's protocols, personnel list and drug list at each licensed location.