Rule 4729:5-3-08 | Sales of dangerous drugs on-line.
(A) All persons selling or offering to sell dangerous drugs via the internet at retail, into, out of, or within Ohio must be properly licensed with the state board of pharmacy.
(B) All terminal distributors of dangerous drugs who sell or offer to sell dangerous drugs at retail on the internet to persons located in Ohio or any other state must make such sales only in compliance with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations governing the legal distribution of dangerous drugs.
(C) Except as provided in paragraph (F) of this rule, all terminal distributors of dangerous drugs who sell or offer to sell dangerous drugs at retail on the internet to persons located in Ohio shall maintain accreditation as a verified internet pharmacy practice site from the national association of boards of pharmacy.
(D) Websites owned and/or maintained by a terminal distributor of dangerous drugs who sell or offer to sell dangerous drugs at retail on the internet to persons located in Ohio or any other state must provide the following information to the public:
(1) Name under which the terminal distributor is licensed to do business as in Ohio.
(2) Full address of the licensed location.
(3) Telephone number where the terminal distributor may be contacted during regular business hours.
(4) A list of the states in which the terminal distributor may legally sell dangerous drugs.
(5) The name, address and how the state licensing agency and the drug enforcement administration may be contacted in each state in which the person is authorized to do business. This may include a link to the agency's and the drug enforcement administration's website.
(E) Any Ohio licensed terminal distributor requesting personal information from the public by way of the internet (questionnaire forms, e-mail, etc.) must provide for security and confidentiality of the information. This portion of the website must also provide information regarding how the personal information will be used, pursuant to all federal and state laws, rules, and regulations, and ensure that such information is not used for purposes not disclosed without the written informed consent of the patient or person submitting personal information.
(F) A veterinarian, licensed under Chapter 4741. of the Revised Code, may sell or offer to sell dangerous drugs via the internet only when the internet pharmacy, that fulfills the dangerous drug prescription or facilitates the sale of the dangerous drug maintains accreditation as a verified internet pharmacy practice site from the national association of boards of pharmacy.