Rule 4731-16-21 | Continuing care for one-bite program.
(A) In order to provide continuing care to a licensee in the one-bite program, a continuing care provider shall enter into a continuing care agreement with the licensee. The agreement term shall be established by the continuing care provider but may not be for less than six months.
(B) The continuing care provider shall be approved by the board.
(C) A continuing care provider shall provide therapy led by one of the following master's-level or higher qualified behavioral healthcare providers:
(1) Board certified addictionologist, board certified addiction psychiatrist, or psychiatrist licensed under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code;
(2) Licensed independent chemical dependency counselor-clinical supervisor, licensed independent chemical dependency counselor, licensed chemical dependency counselor III, or licensed chemical dependency counselor II licensed under Chapter 4758. of the Revised Code;
(3) Professional clincal counselor, licensed professional counselor, licensed independent social worker, licensed social worker, or marriage and family therapist licensed under Chapter 4757. of the Revised Code;
(4) Advanced practice registered nurse, licensed as a clinical nurse specialist under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code, who holds certification as a psychiatric mental health clinical nurse specialist issued by the American nurses credentialing center;
(5) Advanced practice registered nurse, licensed as a nurse practitioner under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code, who holds certification as a pyschiatric mental health nurse practitioner issued by the American nurses credentialing center;
(6) Psychologist, as defined in division (A) of section 4732.01 of the Revised Code, licensed under Chapter 4732. of the Revised Code; or
(7) Advanced practice registered nurse licensed under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code, who holds subspecialty certification as a certified addiction registered nurse-advanced practice issued by the addictions nursing certification board.
(D) Continuing care meetings shall be held at least one time per week, with missed meetings made up.
(1) Continuing care meetings shall be at least one hour in duration.
(2) The continuing care provider shall provide status reports for each participating licensee to the monitoring organization no less than quarterly.
(E) The continuing care provider shall report to the monitoring organization no less than quarterly and shall provide the following documentation to the monitoring organization on a quarterly basis:
(1) The number and type of licensees entering into continuing care agreements;
(2) The number and type of licensees released by the continuing care program;
(3) The average length of the continuing care agreements; and
(4) The number and type of licensees who relapse.
(F) The continuing care provider shall report a licensee who relapsed to the board and the monitoring organization. The continuing care provider shall report to the board and the monitoring organization if the licensee fails to comply with the terms of the continuing care agreement.
(G) Release from continuing care must be reviewed and agreed upon by the medical director of the monitoring organization.
Last updated November 14, 2023 at 11:36 AM