Rule 4736-11-03 | Hours of continuing education required.
(A) Registrants must complete eighteen clock hours of board approved continuing education courses each year to be eligible to renew their certificate of registration.
(B) Courses of study or programs of instruction offered to meet the continuing education requirements for the annual renewal of an individuals certificate of registration shall be board approved and in the following subject areas:
(1) Diseases and injuries caused by environmental factors and the applicable prevention techniques.
(2) Administrative law and process.
(3) The utilization of resources in the collection, arrangement, and interpretation of data.
(4) Environmental health administration.
(5) New or substantially revised environmental health laws, rules and process.
(6) Functional fields of environmental health to include air quality, food quality and protection, hazardous and toxic substances, consumer product safety, housing, institutional health and safety, community noise control, radiation protection, bioterrorism, recreational facilities, solid, infectious and liquid waste management, vector control, drinking water quality, milk sanitation, rabies control, land use and occupational health and safety.
(7) Environmental health planning or emergency preparedness.
(8) Communication skills.
(9) Organization or program management courses.
(10) Computer skills development and functional utilization.
(C) Courses of study or programs of instruction offered in the following areas or formats are not applicable continuing education activities and will not be approved by the board to meet the continuing education requirements for annual renewal of an individuals certificate of registration:
(1) First aid.
(3) Defensive driving.
(4) Courses of self instruction/self study.
(5) Courses dealing with proposed environmental health laws, rules and processes.
(6) Any other continuing education material deemed not applicable by the board.
(D) The board may waive continuing education hours in cases of a registrant's certified disability or illness which prevents the attendance at any qualified educational seminars during the twelve months immediately preceding the annual certificate of registration renewal date. Continuing education waivers will be determined on a case by case basis. Waivers shall not be granted for a period in excess of three consecutive renewal periods.