Rule 4751-1-05.1 | Core of knowledge in nursing home administration.
(A) The core of knowledge in nursing home administration consists of one hundred hours of clock hours of academic directed study in core of knowledge of subject material described in rule 4751-1-06 of the Administrative Code, of which no more than twenty hours may be distance learning or home study of any kind. During the COVID pandemic, the core of knowledge in nursing home administration may be held virtually/distance learning upon a board action declaring distance learning is necessary.
(B) Training agencies wishing to provide the core of knowledge class must apply and be approved through the training agency approval process as defined in rules 4751-1-08 and 4751-1-08.1 of the Administrative Code. All core of knowledge classes must be reviewed by the continuing education committee and have approval granted by the board.
(C) Administrator-in-training applicants for licensure shall complete the core of knowledge course prior to being allowed to take the examinations.
(1) The core of knowledge requirement may be met before, during, or after the internship.
(2) Hours spent at the core of knowledge do not count toward the internship hours required for licensure.
(3) The core of knowledge is not a preparatory course for the national or state exams.
(4) The core of knowledge contains vital information which will help prospective licensees become successful nursing home administrators.
(5) The core of knowledge course also provides valuable networking opportunities, which may have a positive impact on licensees' careers.
(D) The board or its designee shall approve providers of the core of knowledge course based on:
(1) Adherence to the subject material according to the exam content outline, created, as enacted, amended, or hereinafter named by the national association of long-term care administrator boards.
(2) Successful completion of the continuing education training agency approval process as defined in rules 4751-1-08 and 4751-1-08.1 of the Administrative Code.
(3) The review of speaker qualifications.
(E) The fee for training agencies providing the core of knowledge will be based on the training agency's education provider category as set forth in rule 4751-1-08 of the Administrative Code.
Last updated November 3, 2022 at 8:37 AM