Rule 4755-23-01 | Applications for initial license.
(A) To receive a license to practice as a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant, an applicant shall be at least eighteen years of age.
(B) All applications for initial licensure as a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant shall be submitted to the physical therapy section on forms provided by the section. All applications, fees, statements, and other documents so submitted shall be retained by the section.
(C) Applications shall be:
(1) Submitted electronically via the Ohio e-license system;
(2) Electronically signed via the Ohio e-license system;
(3) Accompanied by the fee prescribed by rule 4755-24-03 of the Administrative Code; and
(4) Accompanied by such evidence, statements, or documents as specified on the application.
(D) For the purposes of filing an electronic application via the Ohio e-license system, the applicant will create a "UserID" and password. The use of the "UserID" and password is solely the responsibility of the person to whom it is issued. The "UserID" and password shall constitute the legally recognized signature for the purposes of this rule and may not be transferred, distributed, or shared with any other person.
(E) Any application received in accordance with this rule that remains incomplete one year after the initial application filing shall be considered to be abandoned and no further processing shall be undertaken with respect to that application.
(1) If the application process extends for a period longer than one year, the board may require updated information as it deems necessary.
(2) No application for licensure may be withdrawn without approval of the board.
(3) Submitted fees shall be neither refundable nor transferable.