Rule 4755-43-04 | Education.
(A) The educational requirements described in divisions (C)(4) and (C)(5) of section 4755.62 of the Revised Code shall be:
(1) Completion of a professional (entry-level) education program accredited by the commission on accreditation of athletic training education or its successor; or
(2) A program of education, training and experience with which the national athletic trainers' association board of certification, inc. (BOC), or its successor has a formal arrangement.
(B) The section may waive the educational requirements specified in paragraph (A) of this rule on the basis of job experience if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The applicant passed the examination specified in paragraph (A)(1) of rule 4755-43-02 of the Administrative Code.
(2) The applicant for licensure engaged in the active practice of athletic training as a licensed athletic trainer in another state, or if the experience occurred in a state not requiring licensure, as an athletic trainer certified by the BOC, for a period of no less than five years immediately proceeding the date the application is submitted.
(3) The applicant's licensure and/or certification are active and without restriction.
Last updated December 4, 2023 at 2:09 PM