Rule 4755-65-01 | Continuing education requirements and reporting.
(A) Pursuant to section 4779.20 of the Revised Code, no person will qualify for license renewal as a orthotist, prosthetist, pedorthist, or orthotist-prosthetist unless the person completed the required continuing education units outlined in paragraph (A) of this rule.
(1) License holders are not required to obtain any continuing education units for the first renewal.
(2) A licensed orthotist or prosthetist must achieve twenty-five continuing education units within the two-year renewal cycle.
(3) A licensed prosthetist-orthotist must achieve thirty-five continuing education units within the two-year renewal cycle.
(4) A licensed pedorthist must achieve eighteen continuing education units within the two-year renewal cycle.
(B) Accumulated continuing education units may not be carried over from one renewal period to another.
(C) An orthotist, prosthetist, pedorthist, or orthotist-prosthetist license must not be renewed unless the license holder certifies that the person completed the required number of continuing education hours specified in paragraph (A) of this rule.
A license holder who falsifies a renewal application may be disciplined by the board for violating section 4779.20 of the Revised Code.
(D) The occupational therapy, physical therapy, and athletic trainers board must conduct an audit of the continuing education records of a number of the license holders to be determined by the board each renewal year. The board will notify license holders who are selected for the audit to determine compliance with the continuing education requirement specified in this rule.
(1) License holders chosen for the audit must submit to the board by the date specified by the board copies of all records and documentation of proof of completion of the continuing education activities used to meet the continuing education requirements of this rule.
(2) Failure to provide proof of the required number of continuing education hours for the specified time period will result in the commencement of disciplinary action.
(3) Failure to respond to or acknowledge receipt of an audit notice will result in the commencement of disciplinary action.
(E) Applicants for renewal must successfully complete the required number of continuing education hours according to section 4779.20 of the Revised Code and this rule. The board will accept as continuing education units all courses approved by the board for orthotist/prosthetist certification (BOC), and the American board for certification in orthotics, prosthetics, and pedorthics (ABC). The board will also accept continuing education units as specified by section 4779.24 of the Revised Code.
Last updated July 8, 2022 at 8:51 AM