Rule 4757-25-04 | Requirements for licensure as an independent marriage and family therapist.
All applicants for licensure as an independent marriage and family therapist shall:
(A) After completion of the required education set forth in paragraph (A) of rule 4757-25-01 of the Administrative Code, the applicant shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Complete at least two calendar years of supervised training while engaged in the practice of marriage and family therapy.
(2) The two years of supervised training must include two hundred hours of face-to-face supervision while completing a minimum of one thousand hours of documented face-to-face client contact in marriage and family therapy.
(3) Of the required two hundred hours of face-to-face supervision, a minimum of one hundred hours shall be individual supervision.
(4) Of the required one thousand hours of client contact, a minimum of five hundred hours shall be with couples and/or families present.
(5) The training supervision shall be performed by a supervisor whose training and experience meet the standards established in paragraph (C) of rule 4757-29-01 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Meet all the requirements established in rule 4757-25-03 of the Administrative Code.