Rule 4765-18-06 | Renewal of a certificate to teach as an EMS instructor.
[Comment: For dates and availability of material incorporated by reference in this rule see rule 4765-1-03 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) No later than sixty days prior to the expiration of a certificate to teach, the division shall notify each certificate holder of the certificate's scheduled expiration date and a mechanism for renewal.
(B) An applicant for renewal of a certificate to teach as an EMS instructor must meet the following criteria:
(1) Submits a completed "EMS Instructor Renewal Application" on or before the expiration date of the current certificate;
(2) Continues to meet all standards for a certificate to teach as set forth in this chapter;
(3) Possesses a current and valid certificate to practice as an EMS provider or holds a current and valid Ohio license to practice as a registered nurse or a physician assistant;
(4) Satisfies the requirements for a certificate to practice as set forth in paragraphs (A)(6) to (A)(12) of rule 4765-8-01 of the Administrative Code;
(5) During the preceding certification cycle, has provided not less than twenty-four hours of instruction of an EMS training or continuing education program offered by an accredited institution, approved institution or while serving on active duty in the armed forces of the United States, including the Ohio national guard or the national guard of any other state;
(6) Satisfies one of the following:
(a) During the preceding certification cycle, has completed six hours of continuing education related to the "Ohio Fire and EMS Instructor Curriculum" objectives; or
(b) Successfully passes an instructional methods examination, as set forth in rule 4765-18-05 of the Administrative Code.
(7) Unless otherwise waived by the board, attends any mandatory instructor meetings held by the board.
(C) There shall be no fee for an "EMS Instructor Renewal Application."
(D) Failure to meet any of the requirements in paragraph (B) of this rule may lead to board action under rule 4765-10-03 of the Administrative Code.
(E) An applicant for renewal must maintain records relating to the requirements set forth in paragraphs (B)(5) and (B)(6) of this rule for the current and previous certification cycle. Such records are subject to audit by the division, as directed by the board and in accordance with rule 4765-9-02 of the Administrative Code.
(F) A renewed certificate to teach as an EMS instructor does not become effective until the expiration of the current certificate.