Rule 4765-18-15 | Qualifications for a certificate to teach as a continuing education instructor.
[Comment: For dates and availability of material incorporated by reference in this rule see rule 4765-1-03 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) An applicant for a certificate to teach as a continuing education instructor must meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Submits a completed "EMS Continuing Education Instructor Initial Application";
(2) In the preceding five years, has been certified or licensed for at least three years as an EMS provider, registered nurse, or physician assistant;
(3) Satisfies the requirements for a certificate to practice as set forth in paragraphs (A)(6) to (A)(12) of rule 4765-8-01 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Possesses a current and valid certificate to practice as an EMS provider or holds a current and valid Ohio license to practice as a registered nurse or a physician assistant;
(5) Provides a signature from the program director verifying that the applicant has provided written documentation of qualifications to teach continuing education.
(B) The division shall consider relevant education, training, or service completed by the holder of a certificate to practice as a member of the armed forces of the United States, the Ohio national guard, the Ohio military reserve, the Ohio naval militia, or the national guard of any other state or a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States; in determining whether the holder of a certificate to practice has met the experience and educational requirements for a certificate to teach as a continuing education instructor set forth in paragraph (A) of this rule.
(C) There shall be no fee for a "EMS Continuing Education Instructor Initial Application."
(D) Failure to meet any of the requirements in paragraph (A) of this rule may lead to board action under rule 4765-10-03 of the Administrative Code.