Rule 4765-24-09 | Volunteer firefighter course.
[Comment: For dates and availability of material incorporated by reference in this rule see rule 4765-25-02 of the Administrative Code.]
(A) A training course for a volunteer firefighter certification shall consist of thirty-six hours of training:
(1) The course shall meet the volunteer firefighter course objectives approved by the executive director, with advice and counsel of the committee as provided in the "Volunteer Firefighter Course Packet."
(2) The volunteer firefighter course curriculum shall be approved by the executive director prior to delivery.
(B) A chartered fire training program shall use the "Volunteer Firefighter Course Objectives Check-Off Sheet Packet" and "Volunteer Firefighter Practical Skills Examination Packet" approved by the executive director with advice and counsel of the committee, when conducting a volunteer firefighter training course.
(C) A chartered program shall admit only those individuals who meet the following requirements into a volunteer firefighter course:
(1) Shall be at least eighteen years of age, except that a chartered program may admit a student who is seventeen years old into a post-secondary volunteer firefighter course provided that the student has graduated or is enrolled in the twelfth or final grade in a secondary school program;
(2) Shall meet all admission requirements established by the chartered program.
(D) Volunteer firefighter course instructors shall be appointed by the program director in accordance with the following:
(1) Each instructor shall hold a current and valid firefighter certificate in accordance with Chapter 4765-20 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Each instructor shall hold a current and valid fire or assistant fire instructor certificate in accordance with Chapter 4765-21 of the Administrative Code.
(E) The training requirements listed in paragraph (A) of this rule shall commence and end within a consecutive twelve month period.
(F) A chartered program shall not allow students enrolled in a volunteer firefighter training course to participate in any training involving immediately dangerous to life and health (IDLH) environments to include any live fire training.