Rule 4765-24-18 | Fire charter offsite locations.
(A) The executive director, with advice and counsel of the committee, shall allow a chartered program to offer courses at different locations from the location listed in the application for chartering provided that all of the following apply:
(1) The chartered program continues to operate at the location identified in the application for a charter;
(2) The location of the chartered program shall be located within the boundaries of the state of Ohio and the majority of the training shall be delivered within the state of Ohio.
(3) Each offsite location where the program is offered, meets the minimum standards for chartering as set forth in rule 4765-24-03 of the Administrative Code;
(4) The instructors and practical skills evaluators are employed or contracted by the chartered program;
(5) The chartered program submits a written request to the executive director and receives approval prior to the start of the course.
(B) Files and records of students enrolled in a fire training course conducted offsite may be maintained in a secure area at the offsite location until the course is completed, at which time all student files and records shall be maintained at the site of the chartered institution. The records shall be surrendered to the chartered program no later than thirty days after the final day of the course.
(C) All equipment, apparatus, burn facilities, props, and supplies that are necessary to instruct and test all course performance objectives, including those at offsite locations, shall be inspected and maintained in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and in compliance with all applicable NFPA standards as set forth in paragraph (A)(8) of rule 4765-24-03 of the Administrative Code.
(D) All annual inspection and maintenance records for all equipment, and apparatus of all offsite locations shall be maintained at the offsite location.
(E) All annual inspection and maintenance records for all offsite burn facilities shall be maintained at the location of the chartered institution.
(G) The chartered program shall maintain a current and valid charter in order to offer courses at an offsite location.
(H) Chartered programs may elect to utilize offsite locations outside the boundaries of the state of Ohio on a limited basis if:
(1) There is a documented lack of required resources within that region of the state of Ohio; and
(2) The majority of the training takes place within the boundaries of the state of Ohio; and
(3) The offsite location complies with this chapter of the Administrative Code, all applicable NFPA standards, and any applicable laws, rules, and regulations in that state.