Rule 4901:1-38-08 | Revenue recovery.
(A) Each electric utility that is serving customers pursuant to approved reasonable arrangements, may apply for a rider for the recovery of certain costs associated with its delta revenue for serving those customers pursuant to reasonable arrangements in accordance with the following:
(1) The approval of the request for revenue recovery, including the level of such recovery, shall be at the commission's discretion.
(2) The electric utility may request recovery of direct incremental administrative costs related to the programs as part of the rider. Such cost recovery shall be subject to audit, review, and approval by the commission.
(3) For reasonable arrangements in which incentives are given based upon cost savings to the electric utility (including, but not limited to, nonfirm arrangements, on/off peak pricing, seasonal rates, time-of-day rates, real-time-pricing rates), the cost savings shall be an offset to the recovery of the delta revenues.
(4) The amount of the revenue recovery rider shall be spread to all customers in proportion to the current revenue distribution between and among classes, subject to change, alteration, or modification by the commission. The electric utility shall file the projected impact of the proposed rider on all customers, by customer class.
(5) The rider shall be updated and reconciled, by application to the commission, semiannually. All data submitted in support of the rider update is subject to commission review and audit.
(B) If it appears to the commission that the proposals in the application may be unjust and unreasonable, the commission shall set the matter for hearing.
(1) At such hearing, the burden of proof to show that the revenue recovery rider proposal in the application is just and reasonable shall be upon the electric utility.
(2) The revenue recovery rider shall be subject to change, alteration, or modification by the commission.
(3) The staff shall have access to all customer and electric utility information related to service provided pursuant to the reasonable arrangements that created the delta revenue triggering the electric utility's application to recover the costs associated with said delta revenue.
(C) Affected parties may file a motion to intervene and file comments and objections to any application filed under this rule within twenty days of the date of the filing of the application.