Rule 4901:2-19-10 | Timetable.
(A) Each carrier will transport each shipment with reasonable dispatch as defined in paragraph (M) of rule 4901:2-19-01 of the Administrative Code.
(B) All estimates shall clearly identify the planned pickup and delivery dates for the shipment. Unless otherwise instructed by the consumer no carrier shall fail to timely pick-up or deliver a shipment of household goods according to the dates entered on the estimate. In the event that the pickup and/or delivery dates have not been determined at the time of the acceptance of the estimate, the consumer may enter telephone notification in the space provided on the estimate for pickup and delivery dates.
(C) The carrier shall give notice to the consumer if the shipment will not be delivered in accordance with the terms of the estimate, receipt or bill of lading. In the event the carrier is unable to obtain from the consumer an address or telephone number for such notification, this rule shall not apply.
(1) As soon as it becomes apparent to the carrier that it is unable to deliver the shipment as required, the carrier shall notify the consumer, or person designated by the consumer by telephone, or in person, at the carrier's expense.
(2) The carrier shall disclose the location and general condition of the shipment, the reason for such delay and the date or period of time during which delivery of the shipment will be made and shall repeat such notification if any subsequent date or period of time so assigned is not met.
(3) Notification as required herein shall not affect the determination of compliance by the carrier with reasonable dispatch as required in paragraph (A) of this rule.
(D) Any notification required by paragraph (B) or (C) of this rule shall be kept as a part of the carrier's record of the shipment. Carrier's record of the notification shall be signed by the person who gave such notification and must contain the following information:
(1) The time and date of notification;
(2) Method of notification;
(3) The name of the person notified;
(4) The reason for delay;
(5) The location and condition of the shipment in cases of delay in delivery; and
(6) The new date or period assigned for pickup or delivery.