Rule 5101:12-20-05.3 | Federal parent locator service.
(A) The federal parent locator service (FPLS) is a national location system operated by the federal office of child support enforcement to assist states in locating individuals for the purpose of providing support enforcement program services. FPLS is accessed through the support enforcement tracking system (SETS).
(B) When no valid address information or no employment information regarding a non-custodial parent is recorded, SETS automatically submits the individual to FPLS.
(C) FPLS accesses multiple location sources including but not limited to:
(1) The national directory of new hire;
(2) The social security administration;
(3) The internal revenue service;
(4) The department of defense;
(5) The federal bureau of investigation; and
(6) The department of veterans affairs.
(D) FPLS continues to access these location sources every sixty days until the location and employment of the individual are verified.
Last updated December 15, 2021 at 11:39 AM