Rule 5101:2-17-02 | "Step Up To Quality" (SUTQ): eligibility for registration.
(A) Who may register to participate in step up to quality (SUTQ), Ohio's tiered quality rating and improvement system?
(1) A program licensed by the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS).
(2) A program licensed by the Ohio department of education (ODE).
(B) Which programs are not eligible to register for a star rating?
A licensed program with a currently suspended license is not eligible to register for a star rating.
(C) What are the requirements for a licensed program to be eligible for a star rating?
The program shall do all of the following:
(1) Log onto the Ohio child licensing and quality system (OCLQS) at https://oclqs.force.com, to electronically submit the initial rating registration.
(2) Comply with the desk review, including documents returned for revision, and with the on-site verification visit.
(3) Have children enrolled and attending the program at time of the on-site verification visit.
(4) Meet all of the program standards for the registered star rating as listed in the appendices to rule 5101:2-17-01 of the Administrative Code including:
(a) Ensure that the administrators, lead teachers and assistant teachers complete and have verified their education and professional development through the Ohio professional registry (OPR) at occrra.org/opr.
(b) Ensure staff roles, schedules and hire dates are accurate and that the staff are linked to the program prior to the registration and maintained in the OPR.
(c) Not falsifying any documentation required to meet the standards. Falsified documentation shall be cited in accordance with Chapters 5101:2-12, 5101:2-13, 3301-32 and 3301-37 of the Administrative Code.
(5) Not have an active enforcement case.
(6) The program shall not have an accumulation of twenty-four moderate and/or serious risk non-compliance points within the previous twelve months if licensed by ODJFS, or a six-point serious risk non-compliance if licensed by ODE.
(a) Moderate and serious risk non-compliances are listed in appendix A to rule 5101:2-12-03 of the Administrative Code for child care centers and appendix A to rule 5101:2-13-03 of the Administrative Code for family child care providers.
(b) Serious risk non-compliances are listed in rule 3301-37-02 of the Administrative Code for preschools and rule 3301-32-11 of the Administrative Code for school child programs.
(c) The accumulation of points shall not be within the previous twelve months prior to the registration date and between the registration date and the star rating effective date.
(d) If a licensing inspection has not occurred within twelve months, the most recent licensing inspection shall be considered.