Rule 5101:2-20-02 | Ohio database for adult protective services (ODAPS).
(A) Each county department of job and family services (CDJFS), or its designated agency, shall collect and submit data to the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) concerning the implementation of sections 5101.60 to 5101.73 of the Revised Code.
(B) The CDJFS, or its designated agency, shall record all case record information as required in rule 5101:2-20-04 of the Administrative Code in the Ohio database for adult protective services information system (ODAPS) maintained by ODJFS.
(C) Access to, and use of, data in ODAPS shall be limited to the extent necessary to carry out the adult protective services program.
(1) Access will be granted by ODJFS based on the request of the CDJFS or its designated agency.
(2) The CDJFS or its designated agency shall notify ODJFS of any and all personnel changes in relation to staff access needs for ODAPS.
(D) The CDJFS shall ensure that personnel having access to ODAPS (including those of its designated agency) shall be limited to personnel meeting all of the following requirements:
(1) Those persons who have been trained in the confidentiality requirements of ODAPS.
(2) Those persons who are informed of all penalties related to the misuse/abuse of ODAPS.
(3) Those persons who have been trained in security requirements and procedures.
(4) Those persons who have signed the JFS 07078 "Code of Responsibility."
(E) The data in ODAPS is confidential and dissemination of any adult protective services case information shall be pursuant to rule 5101:2-20-05 of the Administrative Code.
(F) The CDJFS, or its designated agency, shall monitor access to and use of ODAPS to prevent and identify unauthorized use.
(G) In addition to the criminal penalty provision listed in section 5101.99 of the Revised Code, the CDJFS, and its designated agency, shall have administrative penalties, up to and including dismissal from employment, for unauthorized access to or disclosure or use of data in ODAPS.
(H) Each CDJFS, or its designee, shall enter adult protective services data into ODAPS including, but not limited to all information listed in rule 5101:2-20-04 of the Administrative Code.
(I) The CDJFS, or its designee, shall enter and update information in ODAPS no later than three working days after the occurrence of an event or as the information becomes available.
(J) The CDJFS, or its designee, shall enter applicable adult protective services information required in this rule and/or by federal or state statute, regulation, or rule directly into ODAPS.
Last updated October 1, 2021 at 8:33 AM