Rule 5101:2-42-89 | Public children services agency and private child placing agency procedures when a child is receiving services or is in agency custody dies.
(A) If a child in the temporary custody or a planned permanent living arrangement of a private child placing agency (PCPA) dies, the PCPA shall:
(1) Notify the public children services agency (PCSA) and the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction within one hour of its knowledge of the child's death.
(2) Contact the parent, guardian or custodian within one hour of its knowledge of the child's death.
(3) Complete the JFS 01987 "Child Fatality Report Face Sheet" (rev. 5/2019) and send it to the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) within five working days after receiving the report. The JFS 01987 shall be sent electronically as directed by the JFS 01987I "Instructions for completing JFS 01987 child fatality report face sheet" (rev. 5/2019).
(4) Assist the family in planning funeral arrangements, if requested.
(B) If a child in the permanent custody of a PCPA dies, the PCPA shall:
(1) Notify the PCSA and the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction within one hour of its knowledge of the child's death.
(2) Determine whether notification of the parent, guardian, custodian or other relatives is appropriate.
(3) Complete the JFS 01987 and send it to ODJFS as described in paragraph (A)(3) of this rule.
(4) Assume responsibility for funeral arrangements.
(C) The PCPA shall maintain documentation regarding the provision of notices as required by this rule in the child's case record and the recommending agency's provider record.