Rule 5101:2-47-23 | Beginning date of reimbursability for the Title IV-E foster care maintenance (FCM).
(A) The beginning date of reimbursability for FCM shall be no earlier than the date of the foster care placement. Reimbursement may begin the actual date of the child's placement, if the child meets all program eligibility and reimbursement criteria. Reimbursability may go back to the first day of the month that all eligibility requirements are met, if they were not met in the month that the child is initially placed. Reimbursement is contingent upon satisfaction of all of the following:
(1) The Title IV-E agency has legal responsibility for the care and placement/custody of the child as described in rule 5101:2-47-13 of the Administrative Code.
(2) The child meets the ADC-relatedness requirements as described in rule 5101:2-47-14 of the Administrative Code unless the child is placed with a parent in a substance use disorder (SUD) residential facility, as defined in rule 5101:2-1-01 of the Administrative Code or the child is a candidate for Title IV-E family first prevention services (FFPS) and was residing with a kinship caregiver as described in rule 5101:2-47-12 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Reasonable efforts judicial determination for a court-ordered removal as described in rule 5101:2-47-22 of the Administrative Code, has been obtained. Program reimbursability may go back to the first day of the month in which the reasonable efforts judicial determination was obtained as long as all other requirements of Chapter 5101:2-47 of the Administrative Code are met.
(4) The child continues to meet the age requirement as described in rule 5101:2-47-14 of the Administrative Code.
(5) The child is placed in a reimbursable placement facility as described in rule 5101:2-47-16 of the Administrative Code.
(B) Reimbursability for FCM payments for children placed in children's residential centers, group homes, residential parenting facilities, a qualified residential treatment program (QRTP) or SUD residential facility may begin the actual date of the child's placement in an eligible placement facility, with an approved Title IV-E rate ceiling, if the child meets all program eligibility and reimbursement criteria. A child placed in a childrens residential facility that is not a QRTP prior to October 1, 2021 will remain reimbursable until the child is discharged.
Last updated October 1, 2021 at 8:43 AM