Rule 5101:2-7-07 | Health services.
(A) A foster caregiver shall be responsible for following instructions of the agency which placed the child for providing health care services to each foster child.
(B) A foster caregiver shall adhere to the following instructions surrounding medications for a foster child:
(1) A foster caregiver shall administer or supervise the administration of prescription drugs to a foster child only for whom the medication was prescribed and according to the prescribing physician's instruction.
(2) Prescription drugs in a foster home shall be kept in the original container, labeled with the foster child's name, the correct dosage and relevant instructions.
(3) All prescription drugs in a foster home shall be stored in a locked cabinet or storage area except that an inhaler or other medication may be available to a person with a special health condition, who may need these for an emergency.
(4) Prescribed drugs shall be disposed of in a safe manner when the prescription is no longer current.
(5) Any side effects of prescription drugs shall be reported immediately to the prescribing physician and the recommending agency.