Rule 5101:4-3-30 | Food assistance employment and training program.
(A) What is the supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP) employment and training (E&T) program?
Work registrants subject to the work registration requirement in paragraph (A)(5) of rule 5101:4-3-11.1 of the Administrative Code who are in receipt of SNAP benefits are also required to participate in case management services and at least one SNAP E&T component.
(B) What requirements must the county agencies meet for the SNAP E&T program?
(1) The county agency shall develop written standards, criteria, and procedures for the operation of the SNAP E&T. The standards shall include an explanation of each participating individual's rights under the amendments to Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 2008, including the right to request reasonable modification in program activities.
(2) In addition to case management services as described in rule 5101:4-3-29 of the Administrative Code, the county SNAP E&T program is to consist of one or more of the following components:
(a) Education and training;
(b) Supervised job search; or
(c) Work experience program (WEP).
(3) The county agency shall establish a procedure that ensures a contractor or agency operating a component of its SNAP E&T program notifies the county agency within ten days when:
(a) A required participant fails to comply with the SNAP E&T requirements; and
(b) The provider determines a participant is not suited for the assigned SNAP E&T component as described in rule 5101:4-3-11.2 of the Administrative Code.
(4) The county agency and/or contract providers shall meet any reporting requirements pursuant to the provisions of the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008, (12/2019).
(5) Each employable and volunteer individual shall be informed in writing of their rights and responsibilities concerning the employment and training program prior to or during the appraisal. The county agency shall ensure each required and voluntary individual has received an explanation of their rights and responsibilities described in paragraphs (D)(3)(a) to (D)(3)(d) of rule 5101:4-2-07 of the Administrative Code. Failure or refusal to meet these responsibilities could result in sanctions that would adversely affect the amount of SNAP benefits.
(a) The rights of required SNAP E&T participants shall include, but are not limited to:
(i) Receiving copies of all employability plans.
(ii) Notification of the right to request a state hearing on issues related to participation in SNAP E&T and failure or refusal to participate.
(iii) Nondiscrimination in SNAP employment and training program assignments.
(iv) Receiving supportive services, pursuant to the provisions of rule 5101:4-3-32 of the Administrative Code, for the authorized SNAP E&T activity.
(v) Filing a conciliation request pursuant to rule 5101:4-3-38 of the Administrative Code.
(vi) Accepting employment pursuant to the requirements of rule 5101:4-3-11.1 of the Administrative Code.
(b) The responsibilities of SNAP E&T participants shall include, but are not limited to:
(i) Reporting to the appraisal and other appointments with the county agency program staff or providers.
(ii) Reporting to the work experience program (WEP), education, training, supportive service, or supervised job search sites at the scheduled dates and times.
(iii) Obeying the rules at the work site, following instructions, and otherwise demonstrating acceptable work habits and behavior.
(iv) Providing the county agency with information relevant to securing or retaining employment and providing supplemental information as requested.
(v) Notifying the immediate supervisor, other designated individual, or the county agency staff of the reason for nonparticipation as scheduled.
(vi) Participating in SNAP E&T activities for the scheduled number of hours as assigned.
(vii) Accepting necessary supportive services determined to be needed for participation.
(viii) Reporting any changes that would affect the individual's ability to participate in the SNAP E&T.
(ix) Providing the county agency with documentation of attendance and participation in a SNAP E&T activity as requested.
(x) Providing a good cause reason for nonparticipation as required pursuant to the provisions of rule 5101:4-3-11.1 of the Administrative Code.
(xi) Contacting the county agency, unless otherwise instructed by the county agency, when a monthly scheduling notice or the participant expense allowance has not been received.
(xii) Reporting to a job site, to an employer for a scheduled job interview or to any related subsequent interviews or testing appointments when referred by the county agency or its designee.
(xiii) Accepting a bona fide offer of employment pursuant to rule 5101:4-3-11.1 of the Administrative Code.
(xiv) Signing and complying with the employability plan developed with the county agency.
Last updated November 18, 2021 at 8:41 AM
Amplifies: 5101.54, 5107.40, 5107.69
Five Year Review Date: 11/18/2026
Prior Effective Dates: 3/1/1983, 7/1/1984, 8/1/1985, 3/1/1987, 12/1/1987 (Emer.), 2/15/1988, 6/30/1989 (Emer.), 9/23/1989, 4/2/1990, 11/1/1990, 5/1/1992, 11/1/1992, 9/1/1993, 2/1/1994 (Emer.), 4/15/1994, 12/1/1995 (Emer.), 2/19/1996, 10/1/1997 (Emer.), 12/20/1997, 1/20/2003, 10/1/2007, 1/1/2013, 10/1/2014, 6/1/2016, 7/1/2017, 11/1/2019